This dish is a favorite afternoon snack in my house. It has fiber to fill us up until dinner and protein to keep us moving to all of our afternoon activities.
• 3 large beets with beet greens attached
• Hummus for dipping
Staples: olive oil, salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Line 2 baking trays with foil paper
1. Cut beets off stems. Peel beets and thinly slice. Place beets in a single layer on one tray. Cut off 6-8 beet leaves removing stems. Place whole leaves in a single layer on second tray.
2. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil on beets and 1 tbsp on leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place both trays in oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes and remove tray of leaves. Set aside to cool. Cook beets for 30 more minutes turning halfway through.
4. Place beet chips and leaves on a plate and serve with 1-2 tbsp of hummus.
Serves 1-2 people
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo