I have always been afraid to make risotto due to it’s labor intensive preparation. My daughter LOVES risotto and has been asking for it ever since she ate it on our trip to Toronto (at the fabulous Bazille in Yorkdale Mall). I’ve been putting it off until I stumbled across a new way to cook it. This was so easy. I can’t wait to share!
• 5 cups of chicken broth (or *chicken bone broth)
• 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Staples: Spices – 2 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Simmer chicken broth in a medium pot
2. Pour rice into dutch oven or a large pot with cover (stove safe) and add 4 cups of the simmered broth. Stir, cover and place in oven for 45 minutes.
3. Remove pot (handle will be very hot!) and pour in the rest of the chicken broth and stir. Add in the frozen peas and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir vigorously for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve warm
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo
*There is a lot of support for bone broth. It is rich in protein and said to heal your gut lining while reducing intestinal inflammation. It is also said to boost immunity and strengthen bones.