This is a yummy, savory, comforting breakfast. It’s a nice combination of both sweet and salty and there is no extra sugar added. The protein from the egg and cream cheese will give you a kick start to the day! Some vitamin C from the strawberries will help too. Enjoy alone or with a pinch of cinnamon and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
• 2 pieces of gluten free bread (I used gluten free challah)
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp cream cheese
• 2-3 strawberries (sliced)
Coat a pan with cooking spray and heat to medium.
1. Beat egg in a shallow bowl
2. Spread 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese on one piece of bread and top with strawberries. Spread 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese on the other piece and place it face down on top of the strawberries.
3. Dip the sandwich in the egg to coat. Flip and coat the other side. You may want to flip the sandwich a couple of times so the bread absorbs most of the egg.
4. Place sandwich in pan cooking either side until golden brown.
Top with cinnamon and serve with pure maple syrup if desired.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo