My husband LOVED this cake. It’s not extremely sweet and very chewy, rich and moist. Serve alone or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. It is full of “good fats” as it’s made primarily of avocados. 4 to be exact. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Ingredients for Cake
• 3 cups of gluten free flour
• 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 ripe avocados mashed until very smooth
• 2 cups cane sugar
Staples: 2 cups of water, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients for Icing
• 2 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 4 tbsp cocoa powder
Directions for Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Grease a 9″ round pan.
2. In a large bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together avocado and water. Add the sugar and continue whisking until combined.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture all at once and continue whisking until very smooth.
5. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before removing from pan.
Directions for Icing
1. Scoop avocados into a large bowl and blend with a hand blender until creamy. Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Keep blending until smooth and creamy. When cake is ready frost with icing and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo