My son really enjoyed these sweet potato donuts. They are sweet with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip them in milk, coffee, or hot chocolate and enjoy them for breakfast, an afternoon or late night snack.
• 1 cup of sweet potato purée. (about 1 medium sweet potato peeled, cooked)
• 1/2 cup of cane sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 cup of brown rice flour
Staples: 1 tsp baking powder. Spices – 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Fill a Ziploc freezer bag with mixture and cut one of the bottom corners off about 1/4 inch from the end.
3. Grease 2 baking trays. Using the Ziploc bag squeeze out mixture onto tray to create a circle. You can use your finger to pat down the ends. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and serve. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top if desired. Mix 1/4 cup of cane sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. If the sugar isn’t sticking to your donuts you can wet the tops with a very thin layer of water before sprinkling.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo