I absolutely love this recipe. We can’t use most specialty flours due to cross contamination with nuts. I happened to find gluten free whole oats that were nut free so I made my own oat flour using a small food processor. I want all of these recipes to be very easy for you guys to make and follow. I’m avoiding any large kitchen appliances but this small food processor is amazing! It’s small and gets the job done without pulling out large equipment to use and clean. I would recommend buying one. Follow this recipe below for the most aromatic, hearty, gluten and nut free muffins.
• 2 1/2 cups oats (1.5 cups ground in food processor, 1 cups whole)
• 1 cup applesauce
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup honey
Staples: 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp vanilla.
Option to add 1/2 cup of raisins, dried fruit or chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Line muffin tin with muffin cups
2. In a bowl combine ground oats, whole oats, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a separate large bowl lightly beat eggs and add applesauce, honey and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Fold in fruit or chocolate chips if using.
5. Equally fill each muffin cup with batter.
6. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo