I have wanted to make carrot fettuccine for a long time. I love using vegetables in place of heavy carbohydrates. This was really fun and the results were colorful, smokey, light and tasty. It was probably the quickest vegetarian meal I’ve ever made so if you’re short on time this is for you!
• 8-10 carrots (peeled into ribbons)
• 24 oz bottle of tomato sauce
• 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (mashed slightly so that some are still whole)
• 1 green onion chopped
Staples: Olive oil, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, pinch of salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper powder, 1/2 tsp cumin.
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet on medium.
2. Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes to warm and soften. Remove from skillet.
3. Add another drizzle of olive oil to skillet and add chickpeas. Sprinkle salt, pepper, chipotle pepper, and cumin onto beans and stir. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the bottle of tomato sauce to the chickpeas and simmer on low until sauce is hot.
5. Place carrot fettuccine in a bowl and top with the mock meat sauce. Garnish with chopped onion and parmesan cheese (if desired)
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo