I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I love using vegetables in place of high carbohydrate foods. These collard wraps totally did the trick. We all know that green vegetables are high an all sorts of amazing vitamins including Vitamin K, A, C, B2 and so on. Not to mention fiber! When blanched they are very pliable, soft and easy to manipulate. They are large enough that you are able to fill them with many different fillings. I used the sauce from my Pad Thai recipe (search Pad Thai below) to dip the wraps. Stock up on your favorite veggies and try this recipe tonight. It’s a lot of fun, healthy and super delicious.
• Collard green leaves
• Your favorite fillings (tofu, basil leaves, shredded carrots, cabbage, bean sprouts, peppers and rice)
• Sunbutter sauce (from my Pad Thai recipe)
1. Blanche the leaves by holding them up to a boiling kettle. Hold the stem and only let the steam touch the leaf. This should be very easy to do. Be very careful the steam doesn’t touch your hand. The leaf should turn dark green and become soft and pliable.
2. Cut off the stem and trim the very large vein that runs down the center.
3. Fill the center of the leaf with your goodies. Fold over the ends and roll away from you.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo