Today is the day of oat flour! This is one of my favorite recipes. It is extremely flavorful, soft in the middle, crunchy on the outside and super delicious. Enjoy this pizza on its own or with a lemon vinaigrette salad. Save all of your extra rosemary and thyme for other recipes on the blog. I use a lot of these herbs!
• 2 cups of gluten free oat flour (or make your own by grounding 2 cups of gluten free rolled oats in a food processor until it resembles a fine powder)
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 sprig (1 tsp) of fresh rosemary finely chopped
Staples: 2 tbsp water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp gluten free baking powder and cooking spray
• 1 cooking onion sliced
• 4 oz fresh wild mushrooms (I bought mine pre-packaged)
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme
• 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese + 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil for sautéing and a pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Place the oat flour in a large bowl. Add baking powder, salt and rosemary. Stir.
2. In the same bowl add the eggs, water, olive oil and honey. Continue to stir.
3. Pour the mixture into a 12″ pizza pan coated with cooking spray and spread out with a large spoon or spatula. There will be a 1″ space between your pizza and the edges of the pan.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on medium. Add sliced onions, salt and pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet.
5. In the same skillet add mushrooms (you don’t need to add any more olive oil) and continue to cook until they are soft and dark in color about 3-5 minutes. Add thyme and stir.
Assembling the pizza
6. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and then parmesan cheese on top of the raw oat flour dough. Top with onions and mushrooms (don’t be shy to load on the toppings!).
7. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with a little extra olive oil. Enjoy with a fork! It’s a little crumbly.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo