When I was growing up in Toronto, Canada my father worked downtown on the Danforth which was in “Greektown”. He always brought us home greek food. I grew up on tzatziki, chicken kabobs and pita. There is something about the lemony taste and herby smell of greek food that reminds me of wonderful childhood memories. My father working hard to run his own business and the meals we shared together when he would come home…many times I would just sit and watch him eat because he would get home late. It’s amazing how important a role food plays in our lives. I wanted to share my love for my family with my new family through this meal. I know they’ll have a different appreciation for it but it was so nice to sit down with my children and share the tradition. Be sure to check out my next recipe for another delicious greek inspired dish.
• 3 chicken breasts sliced into cutlets (6 cutlets total)
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano (finely chopped)
Staples: pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt and ground pepper
1. In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and stir well.
2. Place chicken in a freezer Ziploc bag and pour marinade on top. Shake bag to thoroughly coat cutlets.
3. Place bag in fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Using a grill pan or skillet cook chicken on either side for about 5 minutes each or until no longer pink inside.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo