I have really enjoyed making homemade skin care products. The less ingredients we put on our skin the better results we see. I wanted to create a sweet smelling body scrub to help the dryness on our feet, elbows and knees. Strawberries contain salicylic acids that are known for removing dead skin cells while rosemary acts as a natural antiseptic. Salt is a wonderful exfoliant and olive oil helps to nourish the skin and lock in moisture. This scrub should do wonders to those cracked heels and dry elbows. Give it a try! You can also use this on your face as strawberries help prevent and treat acne.
• 12 strawberries with the leaves and stems removed
• 4-5 sprigs of rosemary – remove leaves and discard stem
• 1 cup of salt
• 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Place strawberries in a small food processor and pulse a few times. Add the rosemary leaves and pulse a bit more. The mixture shouldn’t be completely smooth.
2. Pour the strawberry and rosemary mixture into a bowl and add salt and olive oil. Stir well.
3. Store the mixture in a bottle and keep in the fridge. Keep the remaining scrub in the fridge or freeze for future use.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo