This quesadilla is a fusion of flavors. A little Italian and Mexican inspired. Ricotta cheese, chicken, cumin and oregano mixed with sautéd tomato and onion all nestled under a grilled flatbread. Yum! This flavorful and protein packed dish was a hit with everyone. Try it tonight!
• 4 round gluten free flatbreads
• Ricotta cheese
• 3 chicken breasts cut into 1″ cubes
• 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes + 1 onion chopped
Staples: 4 sprigs (leaves only) chopped oregano or 1 tbsp dried, drizzle of olive oil for sautéing, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper.
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium. Add chicken, oregano, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until chicken is no longer pink inside. About 7 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and place in a bowl. In the same skillet add onions (do not add any more olive oil to skillet). Sauté for about 2-3 minutes and add tomatoes. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove mixture to another bowl.
3. Spread ricotta cheese all over one side of a flatbread. Using your desired amount. I used about 2 tbsp. Place the flatbread ricotta cheese side up in the skillet. Add chicken and onion mixture to one side of the flatbread and then fold over the other.
4. Grill for about 1 minute and using a spatula flip the quesadilla over to grill the other side.
5. Remove from pan and slice into 3 parts.
6. Continue using the rest of the ingredients, making one quesadilla at a time.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo