I firmly believe in eating sweets in moderation. Having now lived with multiple food allergies I personally don’t believe in cutting out foods unless you can’t tolerate them. Depriving yourself leads to overeating, binging and bad habits. You may not all agree with me but thats how we do it in our house. A sweet dessert once in a while is A-OKAY! Follow this super simple chocolatey dessert below. You can whip these up in less than 20 minutes. Give it a try!
• 1 package of pre-made nut and gluten free chocolate cookie dough (I used Immaculate Baking Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Dough)
• 1 package of chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Minis – they melt very fast)
• 16 oz container of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
Preheat oven according to directions on cookie dough package
1. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray. Allow cookie dough to thaw slightly on counter. Roll individual cookie dough into balls and press into flat circles with your palms. Place inside muffin tin. Continue with the rest of the cookies. Cook according to package. When done using the back of a spoon press the cookie dough again to reclaim the shape of a cup and allow to cool. Remove from muffin tin and place on a serving platter.
2. When cookie cups are in the oven melt chocolate chips in a saucepan on low heat. Once chips are melted add ricotta cheese and hand blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and place in refrigerator to cool and firm. Using an ice cream scooper place mousse inside of cooled cookie cups. Add lots of colorful fruit. Enjoy!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo