My daughter really enjoyed this recipe!! She has never eaten kale before (nor did she want to) and had a huge bowl full of this salad. It was a hit and a “must make”. You and your kids will love this nutritious dish. Beets are high in vitamin C, fiber, magnesium and folate (great for expecting mamas!). Kale is incredibly high in fiber, vitamins and nutrients. I used gluten free brown rice in this recipe which is also high in fiber making this dish a winner all around! Full of fiber and vitamin rich. Follow the simple directions below.
• 4 cups cubed beets
• 4-5 cups chopped kale
• 3 cups cooked brown rice
Staples: drizzle of olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper to season
• 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup honey
Staples: Salt and Pepper to season
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. In a bowl toss beets with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Line beets on a tray and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
3. When beets are done allow to cool slightly and in a large bowl mix with chopped kale and cooked rice.
1. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
2. Pour half of the dressing on the salad and mix. Eat right away or place salad in the fridge to let the flavors mix together (minimum 1 hour). Remove and enjoy. Use the remaining dressing as extra flavor for the salad if desired.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo