My daughter’s favorite dessert is brownies. I’m so happy that I’ve found prepackaged gluten and nut free brownies for her but I hate seeing her eat so much sugar. I decided to come up with a brownie recipe that doesn’t use sugar and is naturally sweetened with fruit. Follow my recipe below for some healthy, high fiber, high protein and low sugar brownies.
• 1 1/4 cup oat flour
• 1/2 cup cocoa
• 3 bananas (puréed)
• 2 eggs
Staples: 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp vanilla
* Mini Chocolate chips as a topping if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (oat flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda)
2. In a medium bowl combine bananas, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well.
4. Pour batter into a greased a 8×8 tray. Top with chocolate chips if desired (we use Enjoy Life Minis).
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
East peasy. Enjoy! xoxo