Kale is the most meaty and filling green. It is low in calories and high in fiber and has no fat. It is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and it helps detox the body. It is high in vitamin C which boots your immune system, vitamin A which helps to improve your skins appearance and K which assists in good bone health. Because of kale’s amazing nutritional content, I incorporated as much as I could in this recipe. We all love a good flatbread and this one packs on a health punch!
• 2 Odough’s flatbread http://odoughs.com/pages/products
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
• Large handful of Kale + extra 1″ pieces for topping
• 1 cup parmesan and mozzarella cheese
Staples: 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp dried garlic, pinch of salt and pepper
Heat oven to 450 degrees
1. In a small food processor combine handful of Kale, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt and pepper and olive oil. Pulse until smooth. Add more olive oil if needed.
2. Line flatbread on a baking tray and spread kale pesto on top of each one. Sprinkle with cheeses and top with kale pieces.
3. Place tray in oven for 15-20 min. Remove and enjoy!
Serves 2-4 people
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo