We have a lot of leftover gluten and nut free pancake mix in our pantry as my kids don’t love pancakes (crazy, I know) so I decided to bake some scones. The are very easy to make and the results are sweet, buttery and delicious. I added chocolate to mine but feel free to use raisins, raspberries, blueberries or lemon zest. Have fun!
• 2 cups of pancake mix
• 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 1 chocolate bar (3.5 oz) cut up into small pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Add pancake mix to a large bowl. Add Butter. Using 2 knifes cut butter into pancake mix. Keep cutting until the dough looks crumbly. Add milk and stir. Add the chocolate pieces.
2. Using your hands begin to press and knead the dough until to becomes a large ball.
3. Divide the dough in half and make 2 smaller balls. Sprinkle a little pancake mix on your counter so the dough doesn’t stick and press one of the balls down until it resembles a pancake. Keep it fairly thick, about 1″. Slice the pancake into 4 equal triangles. Repeat this with the second ball. You should have 8 triangles.
4. On a greased baking tray evenly place the triangles. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo