I love a good salty snack but I don’t like to snack on empty carbs. The feeling of digging in to a bag of chips is so comforting but when I’m done I always feel guilty that I filled my body with little to no nutrients. These crunchy black-eyed peas will satisfy your salty craving and fuel your body at the same time. They are full of fiber, protein, potassium, iron and if you add a sprinkle of chipotle pepper a flavor kick! Eat these little guys on their own or sprinkle on top of a salad for a yummy crunch.
• 1 15 oz can of black-eyed peas drained and rinsed
• 1-2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder and salt and pepper to season
• 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper *optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Toss all of the ingredients in a bowl except for the chipotle pepper
2. Place peas evenly on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until dark brown and crunchy but not black. Remove and sprinkle with chipotle pepper. Serve.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo