Do you ever wonder what to do with your leftover salmon filets? We often have a filet or two left in the fridge from the night before. I always put it on top of a salad and eat it for lunch the next day but this time I decided to try something different. I made some kale and salmon meatballs and whipped up a kale pesto to serve with gluten free spaghetti! They turned out so great…we devoured them! We don’t make fish that often due to my sons fish allergy but my daughter loves salmon so we try to limit it to once a month and take extra precautions while serving and eating it. These were worth the wait.
Kale and Salmon Meatballs
• 1 large cooked salmon fillet (mine was about the size of my entire hand) mixed with 2 tbsp mayonnaise
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup gluten free bread or panko crumbs
• 1 1/2 tbsp chopped chives + 1 large handful of kale (finely chop)
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil for frying, 1/2 tsp garlic powder + salt and pepper to season.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together except for olive oil.
2. Pour olive oil into a large skillet and heat to medium.
3. Using your hands create small balls with the salmon mixture. Place balls into skillet and cook until brown on 2 sides.
4. Place salmon meatballs onto a baking tray and place into oven for 15 minutes. Remove and serve on top of gluten free spaghetti with kale pesto.
• 3 handfuls of kale
• 1/3 cup olive oil (more if the sauce is too thick)
• Juice of 1 lemon
Staples: 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp parsley flakes, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to season.
1. In a food processor purée kale. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until smooth. Serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo