I love a good cheesy snack mix. This dish uses nutritional yeast which is very high in vitamins and low in calories and sodium. This superfood contains 18 amino acids and 15 minerals. Nutritional yeast is high in fiber and zinc and low in carbohydrates. It has a nice cheesy taste and a light texture. Give this snack mix a try this afternoon. It makes for a great after school treat packed with tons of good stuff for your body. xo
• 3 handfuls of kale cut into 1-2″ pieces
• 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
• 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
• 2 handfuls of Rice Chex cereal and 2 handfuls of gluten free pretzels
Staples: 2 tbsp olive oil, Salt and pepper to season
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. In a large bowl add chickpeas and 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat chickpeas. Add 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to season. Place chickpeas on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
2. While chickpeas are cooking place kale into the large bowl and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and toss. Place kale on a baking sheet.
3. When 35 minutes is up place the tray with kale in the oven with the tray of chickpeas and continue to cook for 10-13 minutes. Check to make sure the kale isn’t burning.
4. Remove both trays and place chickpeas and kale in a large bowl. Add Rice Chex and pretzels. Toss everything together and serve.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo