If you like Caesar salad like us you must try this egg and fish free version. It’s tangy, smokey and delicious. Everything on this salad you will make from the grilled iceberg lettuce to the croutons. It’s so easy and looks so beautiful. Give it a try tonight. Happy grilling season.
• 1 head of iceberg lettuce cut into quarters
• Handful of grape tomatoes sliced and 1/4 cup of diced cucumber
• 4 slices of gluten free bread
Staples: 4 tsp margarine or butter, 1-2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to season
1. Brush each side of the lettuce wedges with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place your wedges on the grill on medium high temperature and grill each side for 1 minute. Remove and place on a large plate. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cucumbers.
2. Spread margarine or butter and sprinkle with garlic powder on both sides of your bread. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet grill bread on both sides on medium heat until golden brown and crunchy. Remove bread and allow to cool. Remove crusts and slice into 1/2 inch squares.
• 1 5 oz container of lemon yogurt
• 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tbsp dijon mustard
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
1. Add ingredients to a food processor and purée until smooth. Pour dressing onto the salad and serve.
2. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of your salad if desired.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo