Happy Monday everyone. Below is the recipe for my Sweet Apple Sausage and Quinoa dinner. It is Moroccan inspired, sweet, crunchy and unique! Like the one pot pasta this cooks in one pot and takes no time at all. If you’re pressed for time this week, give this dish a whirl.
• 1 cup of quinoa + 2 cups water or chicken stock
• 12 oz sweet chicken sausage sliced into 1/4″ pieces (I used Al Fresco Sweet Chicken Sausage)
• 1 onion chopped + 1 gala apple chopped
• 1/3 cup of raisins
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp allspice, salt and pepper to season, Sunflower seeds to garnish (optional)
1. In a large pot add quinoa and water or chicken stock. Do not turn on the stove yet.
2. Add olive oil to a large skillet and sautée onion until translucent. When done add onions to the pot with quinoa. In the same skillet add sliced sausage and brown. Add to pot along with raisins, chopped apple and spices, stir. Turn on heat and bring to a boil. when boiling reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. When done remove lid and using a fork fluff mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo