This dessert was so easy to make. Our allergist said that pure coconut is ok to eat with a tree nut allergy so I just bought some! This week was Arons first time consuming coconut and he did great! He also loved it! I saw a similar recipe online using cake batter and chocolate chunks but I decided to change it up by using brownie mix and coconut with toasted coconut on top. The results were delicious. Next time I will experiment with different gluten free cookies. *** Please check with your allergist to make sure coconut is ok for you to consume before making this recipe.
• 1 box of brownie mix (plus whatever ingredients it call for)
• 12 small gluten and nut free chocolate chip cookies
• 1 cup of unsweetened coconut
Preheat oven according to brownie mix
1. Mix brownie batter in a large bowl and add 3/4 cup shredded coconut. Stir.
2. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and place cookies upside down in each cup.
3. Evenly pour batter into cups over cookies. Bake according to brownie mix box.
4. When there is 10 minutes left to bake remove muffin tin and sprinkle the tops of the brownies with the rest of the coconut. Place the tin back in the oven and continue to bake.
Makes 12 Cookie Bottom Coconut Brownies
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xo