Are you and your children tired of chicken nuggets? If you’re looking to change up your fried chicken dinners try this sweet and kid friendly recipe. It calls for uncontaminated (tree nut free) coconut, a little bit of gluten free flour, 1 egg and chicken cutlets. Thats it! Easy peasy. The taste and texture of the toasted coconut coating is so yummy. This dish is low carb and full of protein.
• 1 cup of gluten free flour seasoned with salt and pepper
• 1 cup of nut free shredded coconut
• 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water
• 6 chicken cutlets
• 2 apricots pitted, peeled and sliced
• Drizzle of olive oil
• Salt and pepper to season
• Drizzle of honey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Place the first three ingredients in separate shallow bowls.
3. Take your first cutlet and cover either side with flour. Then place and flip in egg mixture. Finish by coating each side with coconut. Place chicken on baking tray. Continue this with the rest of your cutlets.
4. Place tray in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
5. Remove when done.
1. Drizzle some olive oil in a large skillet. Heat skillet to medium.
2. Place apricots in skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
3. Plate chicken and top with apricot. Drizzle honey on top and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo