These candies are made with 2 ingredients!! My kids absolutely love them and they were surprised to hear that they’re made with dates. I had to find dried dates that weren’t cross contaminated with nuts which was a challenge because I am rarely able to find dried fruit that are nut free. Now that I have found dried coconut and dates that are safe for my son it has allowed me to make some new and exciting dishes. I promise you will love these candies that have no added sugar and are completely allergy free! Give them a try 🙂
• 24 pitted dried dates
• 1 package of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
1. Place dates in a bowl and cover with warm water. Soak dates in water for 10-20 minutes until moist.
2. Remove dates from water and transfer into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Slowly add 1/4 cup of the water to get a smooth consistency. Some batches may require more or less water. You don’t want the date caramel to be runny.
3. Using a 1/2 tsp scoop the date mixture onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Place tray in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
4. In the meantime melt chocolate in a small saucepan on low heat.
5. Place a small bowl of water on the counter. Remove tray from freezer. Slightly wet palms with the water and roll date clusters into balls. The water will allow you to roll out the dates smoothly without any sticking. Keep a towel close by to wipe your hands.
6. Place a new piece of parchment paper onto your tray. Using a fork immerse the balls into the melted chocolate and place back onto the fresh piece of parchment paper. When done place the candy back into the freezer until the chocolate hardens. Remove and enjoy!
Makes about 40 pieces of candy
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo