This Israeli dish can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It can be eaten on its own or with some gluten free bread or rice. It is full of simple ingredients but packed with flavor, vitamins and protein. Give it a try tonight!
• 1 eggplant cut into cubes, 1 onion chopped, 1 red bell pepper sliced and 3 tomatoes chopped
• 4 eggs
• 1/4 cup of feta cheese
Staples: Cooking spray, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp dried garlic, 1 tsp oregano, salt and pepper to taste
1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Sauté eggplant until golden brown. Remove from skillet and place into a bowl.
2. Coat skillet again with cooking spray and sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add peppers and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture is saucy and rich. Add salt and pepper and spices and stir. Add eggplant and combine.
4. Using a spoon create 4 holes in the mixture. Add 1 egg into each hole and continue to cook until they are done. You may cover skillet. Remove and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo