I have been experimenting for quite some time to make the best oatmeal cookies. I am so happy with how these came out and they were so easy to make, in one bowl! The results are soft, chewy and delicious! Follow the recipe below for an easy sweet treat.
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup butter softened (not melted)
• 1/2 cup pure cane sugar + 1/4 cup brown cane sugar
• Flours – 2/3 cups Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour, *1/3 cup oat flour, 1/3 cup oats
Optional – 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
Staples – 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp gluten free baking soda and a pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large bowl whisk egg, butter, sugars and vanilla.
2. Add flours, oats, baking soda and salt and stir using a wooden spoon.
3. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
4. Line a tray with parchment paper. Using a small ice cream scooper or tablespoon drop cookie dough onto tray 1-2″ apart.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let stand for 5-10 min.
Makes about 14 cookies
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo
* Make your own oat flour by grinding whole oats in a food processor.