My kids love turkey bacon. If I could incorporate it into every meal they would be such great eaters! This was an easy, healthy and DELISH recipe using only 2 ingredients. Chicken and low sodium turkey bacon. Throw your pinwheels onto the bbq or grill pan. The results are amazing. They were gobbled up in minutes. Serve with your favorite bbq sauce. If you’d like to make more than the recipe calls for just double or triple your ingredients. Mine made enough for about 3 of us.
• 3 chicken breasts cut into 2″ strips (each breast makes about 3 strips)
• 9 pieces of low sodium turkey bacon
• 9 toothpicks
Staples – 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried or fresh thyme, salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat your grill pan and turn to medium.
2. In a separate skillet cook the turkey bacon until halfway done. Remove and allow to slightly cool so that you don’t burn your hands while rolling chicken.
3. Take each strip of chicken and place a piece of turkey bacon on top. Roll into a pinwheel and secure with a toothpick.
3. In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Using a basting brush, brush marinade over the tops and bottoms for your pinwheels. Place on grill pan and cook until done. About 7-10 minutes each side. If you would like to ensure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked…place pinwheels in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes after grilling.
5. Remove and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo