These onion rings are so yummy. They’re low in fat because they’re baked not fried. They don’t take long to prepare and make the perfect snack or side dish. Healthy, gluten free onion rings are below! Try them out tonight 🙂
• 1 medium sweet onion
• 1 egg + 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup gluten free flour
• 1 1/2 cups gluten free panko crumbs
Staples – 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground pepper and cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. Cut onion into 1/4″ slices and separate rings.
2. In a shallow bowl beat egg and water. Add flour and whisk.
3. In a separate shallow bowl mix gluten free panko crumbs and spices, salt and pepper.
5. Place parchment paper onto 2 cooking sheets and coat with cooking spray.
4. Dip each ring into the egg mixture and then into the panko crumbs. Place rings onto trays. When done spray the tops of the rings with cooking spray to lightly coat.
6. Place trays in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Until golden brown. Remove, stack and serve.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo