I recently dined at a local restaurant where they served a broccoli, coconut and cilantro soup. I loved it so much that I wanted to make my own version. I think it turned out really well. This recipe is top 8 allergen free and paleo friendly! We served ours with a gluten free crusty baguette and butter 🙂
• 1 large head of broccoli (stems cut off)
• 1 shallot (chopped)
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk (I used a low fat version)
• 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
Staples: 1/2 tsp coconut oil, salt and pepper to taste
1. Fill a large pot with 1-2″ of water and bring to a boil. Place a steaming basket inside the pot and fill with broccoli. Steam broccoli for 5-10 minutes, until dark green in color.
2. In a small pan heat coconut oil on medium and sauté shallot
3. When broccoli is done remove basket and pour out water. Fill the pot with broccoli, shallot, broth, coconut milk, cilantro , salt and pepper. Purée until smooth using a hand blender or transfer to a food processor.
5. Heat the soup and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo