These individual meatloaves are flavorful, juicy and full of vitamins. They are primarily made with chickpeas and carrots which add fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Vitamin C to your meal. There are no grains in this recipe which lend to their moist texture. The spice mixture adds a yummy tastebud tingle and flavor punch. They are low in sugar and gluten free, as always! These Ramekin Meatloaves were easy and quick to make and require little clean up. Eat them right out of the dish and serve with a salad, potato, yam or baked zucchini fries!
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 15.5 oz can of chickpeas, drained
• 1 cup of baby carrots + 1 small onion, quartered
• 1 egg
* BBQ sauce of your choice to top
Staples: 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp, celery seeds, 1 tsp mustard powder, 1 tsp parsley flakes, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.
You will need 4 ramekins and a baking sheet for this recipe.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large bowl mash the chickpeas.
2. Place the baby carrots into a food processor and pulse a few times until gritty. Add the onion and continue to pulse. The mixture should not be smooth and watery. Pulse them enough times just to break the vegetables down.
3. Add the carrots and onions to the chickpeas and stir. Crack the egg into the mixture and continue to combine. Finish by adding the spices.
4. Place your meat into the bowl. Using your hands or a wooden spoon mix everything together well.
5. Coat all 4 of your ramekins with cooking spray. Divide the meat mixture evenly into all 4 ramekins and smooth the top. Place your ramekins onto a baking sheet and place it into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan and spread about 1/2 – 1 tbsp bbq sauce on top of each meatloaf. Turn the oven up to 425 degrees and place the tray back into the oven. Bake for another 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo