This dish is a take on a recipe that a friend recently sent me. Hers was made with spaghetti squash and shredded chicken. I only had sweet potato and zucchini in the house and I love cubed chicken…so here is my version of this flavorful, creamy Caesar and Kale Chicken Casserole. My husband isn’t the best veggie eater but ate a whole serving! And he thought it was alfredo sauce!!
• 1 zucchini and 1 sweet potato
• 4 chicken breasts cubed
• 1/2 cup caesar dressing (I used Bolthouse Farms Creamy Caesar Yogurt Dressing)
• 2 handfuls of baby kale
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to season
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Wash your zucchini and sweet potato and then spiralize them (skin on). Place the vegetable noodles in a large bowl. Add the kale and dressing. Add more dressing if needed. Toss.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown cubes without cooking all the way through.
3. Add the chicken to the vegetables and combine.
4. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray and evenly spread your mixture into the dish.
5. Place the dish in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
6. Remove and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo