Hi Everyone. I am BEYOND excited about this recipe. As many of you know, some celiac patients can not tolerate oats even if they are gluten free. Golda is one of them. We have found that if she consumes foods that include gluten free oats she gets sick. So, I have been working hard on developing a cookie recipe that tastes like oats but doesn’t contain any! After many, MANY batches I finally came up with the perfect recipe and I can’t wait for you to try them. Please let me know what you think! You can replace the raisins in this recipe for chocolate chips to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I will make those next for you and post some pics. xoxo
• 1/4 cup butter (softened not melted)
• 1/2 cup cane sugar + 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup Cup 4 Cup flour + 1/4 cup brown rice flour
• 1/2 raisins
Staples: 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp allspice, 1/8 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large bowl mix the butter, egg, sugars, and vanilla.
2. Add the flours, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix well.
3. Fold in the raisins.
4. Using a small ice cream scooper or a tbsp scoop the dough evenly onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
5. Place sheet into the oven and bake for 12-15 min.
Remove, cool, and serve.
Makes 1 dozen cookies
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo