If you can tolerate gluten free oats this recipe is for you!! It is crunchy, sweet, and “nutty”. Using nut free butter and chickpeas, this recipe is full of protein and fiber. It is perfect for breakfast on top of yogurt or as a power snack in the afternoon. I am so happy with how it turned out. I hope you are too. Give this Top 8 Allergen Free Granola a try and let me know what you think!
• 1 15 oz can of chickpeas
• 2 cups gluten free oats
• 1/2 cup of your favorite nut free butter
• 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chips
Staples: 2 tsp vanilla and 1 tbsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Drain, rinse and dry your chickpeas. I peeled off the skin (to make the granola a little “cleaner” but you can totally omit this step. I actually found it quite therapeutic. You might find it very annoying!)
2. In a large bowl combine the chickpeas, oats and cinnamon.
3. Place your nut free butter into a medium bowl and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the syrup and vanilla and stir.
4. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and using a wooden spoon carefully combine.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture onto the sheet in an even layer.
6. Place the granola into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping and breaking up the granola halfway through using a spatula.
7. When done, remove from the stove and allow to cool. Once cooled sprinkle chocolate chips on top and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo