I decided to share this “green” recipe with you today to celebrate the Eagles win!! I hope you all had a ton of fun last night watching the big game!
A friend of mine gave me a recipe for lemon cookies. I tweaked it a bit to make the cookies gluten and nut free with a lime twist! They are “melt in your mouth” delicious. Give them a try today. Happy Monday!
• 1/2 cup butter (softened)
• 1 cup cane sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp lime zest + 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1 1/2 cups Cup 4 Cup flour
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Staples: 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 – 2 tbsp warm water
1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar.
2. Add the egg, lime zest and juice, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Pour in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and combine to create the dough.
4. Place the powdered sugar into a shallow bowl. Roll the dough into 1″ balls then roll each ball into the powdered sugar to coat. Place the balls evenly onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
5. When done place the cookies into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
1. Mix the powdered sugar and warm water together in a bowl. Drizzle the glaze on top of your cooled cookies.
Makes 20 cookies
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo