Taco Bowls isn’t the most groundbreaking recipe but I wanted to share it with you for many reasons. Do you ever feel like your evenings are so jammed packed with activities and homework that you have no time to make a healthy meal? I find myself throwing gluten free frozen pizza or chicken nuggets into the oven and calling it a day! With this recipe you can skip the processed, frozen foods. It doesn’t require any extra time and there are added benefits of vitamins, protein, calcium, and fiber!
Many studies have shown that if you get your kids involved in the kitchen they will make healthier choices. I love this meal because the kids get to build their own bowls. I lay everything out on the counter in individual bowls and allow the kids to fill up their tortillas with everything they like! My son is a very picky eater and would eat chicken nuggets and white bread every day if he could. Whenever we have Taco Bowls he eats a variety of healthy foods which he normally wouldn’t.
These Taco bowls are very cost effective and easy!! There is NO mess as nothing needs to be sliced or chopped. Ground your favorite meat (turkey, chicken, or beef) with some gluten free taco seasoning and you’re literally done!
Get creative with your toppings. The more colors the better. Below is a list of my favorite Taco Bowl ingredients.
• 1 – 2 lbs ground meat (we used full fat organic ground turkey)
• 1 – 2 packets of gluten free taco seasoning
• 1 – 2 boxes of Rio Rancho Gluten Free Tostado Bowls
• 15 oz cans of corn, black beans, chickpeas
• Handful of Grape tomatoes
• 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and mozzarella
• 1/2 cup guacamole
• 1/2 cup salsa
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• Kale (or your favorite greens)
1. Ground meat and add seasoning. Cook according to the directions on the seasoning package.
2. Place all of your toppings in individual bowls.
3. Fill up your tostado bowls and enjoy!!
Easy Peasy. Enjoy! xoxo