Enjoy these for breakfast or an afternoon snack with tea. Your kids will think they’re eating Pop Tarts!
• 2 cups gluten free flour (I used Cup 4 Cup) + extra for kneading
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 5-7 tsp of your favorite jam
• 1 egg
1. Pour the flour into a large bowl and cut the butter into it until it looks “crumbly”. Add the baking powder and sugar and combine. Add the milk and stir. Remove the dough and place it onto a counter sprinkled with flour. Knead well.
2. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with Saran Wrap. Place the bowl into the refrigerator and let it chill for an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
4. Remove the dough and knead it again. Roll the dough out into a long rectangle. Cut out 10 3.5″ x 5″ rectangles and place them on a cutting board.
5. If you’d like, cut out a small shape using a cookie cutter into 5 of the rectangle “tops”. I used a small heart.
6. On the other 5 rectangle “bottoms” spread 1 – 1 1/2 tsp of jam leaving 1/4″ around the edges.
7. Beat the egg in a small bowl and brush the egg wash around the edges of the “bottoms”. Place the “tops” over each “bottom” and using a fork crimp the edges of the Pockets to seal.
8. Brush egg wash over the Pockets avoiding the exposed jam.
9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Transfer the Pockets onto the tray and place in the oven. Bake for 20 min.
10. Remove and enjoy!
Makes 5 Pockets
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo