• 1 cup Jasmine Rice
• 1 cup condensed coconut milk (I used light and unsweetened)
• 1/2 cup water
Coconut Crusted Salmon
• 3 – 4 salmon fillets
• 1/2 cup gluten free flour
• 1 egg
• 3/4 cup shredded coconut
Staples: 1/2 tsp powdered garlic, 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a pot on the stovetop. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover the pot with a tight lid. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let the rice steam in the pot with lid on for about 10 more minutes. Remove the lid and divide the rice into 4 bowls to serve.
1. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of a baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray.
2. Using a cutting board, cut each salmon fillet in half.
3. Place flour in a shallow bowl, whisk egg in another shallow bowl, and combine coconut and spices in a third shallow bowl. Place the flour, egg, and coconut mixture beside each other in an assembly line.
4. Take one piece of salmon at a time and dredge in flour. Then dip in whisked egg to coat. Finish by covering the salmon with the coconut mixture. Place the salmon pieces evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Top your rice bowls with salmon pieces. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve with a sweet chili or hoisin sauce!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo